3) How many properties do you manage?
Do you manage your own properties or do you also
take third party hotel management contracts?
We manage our own property but do service the
guest from other hotels that do not provide the
services we offer.
4) How has economy
downturn affected your business? What steps you are doing
to protect your portfolio of hotels and quality of service
to your guests?
The stress caused by the economic downturn has led people
to realize that their wellbeing has to be on the top of
their list of priorities.Our service and treatment menu
is our protection of our portfolio.
5) What are the three most important considerations
when you either build a new hotel or take an existing
hotel for management?
This is not applicable to us because we are a Day Spa.
We do not offer accommodation.
6) Do you believe travel reviews sites like Tripadvisor
or Travelpost give a fair chance to hoteliers to voice
their response? What can Govt. do to restrict the misuse
of Tripadvisor or Travelpost?
I am not aware of these sites – we have never used them.
7) What advertising & marketing method you
use to reach out to guests? Which medium is the most effective
For our kind of business, word of mouth is the most effective
kind of advertising.It has been very successful for us.
8) Have you downloaded & reviewed Hotel Vikas’s
free books “Sell All Rooms Everyday” and “World Tourism
Insight Report” Did you find them valuable?
This is the first time I have heard of Vikas.
9) Are you using mobile Internet and mobile sms
10) Which is the most popular association of hotels,
tour operators and travel agents?
In Kenya it is SKAL.